Positioned as an endurance racer, the Carbon X-SPE delivers the same propulsive speed as its predecessor in a street-ready silhouette. Engineered with a responsive, carbon fiber plate and aggressive Meta-Rocker, this performance shoe is a formidable competitor. Created in limited run, the Carbon X-SPE sports a tongue-free upper encased in a soft, mesh bootie and lined in a thin, mono-mesh that hugs the forefoot. Featuring a unique combination of foams, this special edition style delivers an inherently soft, stable and responsive ride.
- Light, stripped-back upper engineered in single-layer, polyester mesh.
- Mesh bootie provides a secure fit.
- Molded heel reinforcement for added support.
- Tongue-free construction provides a comfortable, seamless fit.
- Early stage Meta-Rocker delivers an uptempo and propulsive ride.
- Light and resilient PROFLY X foam sits above the carbon fiber plate while rubberised foam sits below the plate.
- Carbon fiber plate curls under the lateral toes to prevent re-supination and deliver a smooth transition.
- Wider forefoot platform provides support and stability along with an acommodating and comfortable fit.
- Rubberised foam outsole offers a lightweight, responsive ground contact.
- Best for: Road, race.
- Real weight: 250 g (Us 9).
- Drop: 5 mm (23 mm / 18 mm).
- Stability: Neutral.
- Cushion: Responsive.
Over the years, Hoka becomes synonymous with premium cushioning – and for good reason. They are constantly searching for lighter, more responsive and durable cushion that protects without compromising performance. This has allowed them to add faster, lighter shoes to our range.
Meta-Rocker, or wheels for your feet, is all about the geometry. They combine a low heel-toe drop, the unique-shaped midsoles and signature Hoka cushioning to complement a runner's normal gait cycle and drive you forward.
Active Foot Frame
The Active Foot Frame beds the heel and foot deeply into the midsole, as opposed to sitting on top. This means that every Hoka shoe offers guidance without the need for posts or other constricting elements. The Active Foot Frame functions like a bucket seat in a race car by cradling and supporting your foot.
Our J-Frame™ supports and guides your foot without the use of heavy, rigid or unforgiving materials. It gets its name from the "J" shape, which uses a firmer density foam to support the inside of your foot and heel. It's stability plus Hoka comfort.