Akasha, the essence of the ultra-runner: protection, comfort and shock absorption
Mountain running endurance shoe with great shock absorption, designed for long distance trails, Ultra-Marathons, Ultra-Trails and for use on long training session.
Akasha, a Sanskrit word that stays for “ether”, is the La Sportiva Mountain Running boot with the greatest shock absorption: dedicated to the world of endurance competitions, it is perfect on long distance runs, Ultra-Marathons, Ultra-Trails and for long training sessions. The Cushion Platform™ footbed provides excellent shock absorption and comfort together with the wide internal volume, the soft, breathable, and snug fitting uppers and a slip on construction that eliminates compression points during the race. The innovative front active inserts Dynamic ProTechTion™ provide protection and structure following the foot in a dynamic way and without constrictions. The dual mix FriXion XT grippy sole is equipped with the exclusive Trail Rocker™ solution to promote the natural movement “external heel – internal toe” of the foot during running.
- Soft Slip-on uppers, tight fit and super breathability with slipper sock construction to avoid compression points and to provide the maximum comfort.
- Wide volumes designed for long use during endurance competitions.
- Front active reinforcements Dynamic ProTechTion: provide protection and structure following the foot movement in a dynamic way without constriction.
- Extra shock absorption thanks to the Cushion Platform footbed.
- Sole with exclusive Trail Rocker system to favour a natural support external heel - internal toe of the shoe during the race.
- High Volume: Comfortable shoe, ideal for training and long distance running.
- Vegan Friendly: This products is vegan.
Uppers: Breathable Air Mesh + PU leather at the rear and Dynamic ProTechTion at the toe.
Lining: Mesh non slip.
Midsole: Injected EVA and Cushion Platform.
Footbed: Ortholite Mountain Running.
Sole: FriXion XT dual density with Trail Rocker system.
Drop: 6 mm.
Real weight: 310 g (Us 9).
Impact Brake System
The innovative system is applied to the sole to absorb negative ground impact, help traction and improve grip downhill.
Created and developed by the R&D department at La Sportiva, it offers real advantages during racing by reducing negative ground impact. The unique position of the lugs allows as many of them as possible to come into contact with the ground, for maximum impact absorption.
Versatile soles, ideal for all types of terrain including stone, scree, grass, moss and mud. Ideal for running either in high humidity or on dry ground. Incorporates the Impact Brake System.
The La Sportiva FriXion® compound is the result of extensive R&D aimed at creating outsoles with parameters of grip and durability that respond to all types of use and terrain.
Dual Mix Compound, the perfect combination of grip, long lasting wear and shock absorption. Used on versatile, dual density soles.
EVA - Injected
Highe degree of cushoning and high elasticity of the fabric. These features assist “push off” during the propulsion phase while running, making these models who use injected midsoles, ideal for use on off-road trails. Furthermore, EVA Injected midsole drastically reduce the “squash” effect of the EVA over time, allowing the product to mantain the same features for its entire duration.
The Mountain Running collection models adopt the exclusive La Sportiva insoles by Ortholite, with 2 different thickness. Both models are available in men and women version and differs for the materials’ densities.
- Breathable for a cooler foot.
- The unique open cell structure creates a moisture management system.
- Long term cushioning: insole will retain over 95% of its thickness over time and won’t flatten out.
- Anti-microbial agents and washable properties for a more igienic shoe.
Ultra Long Distance
Ideal for long distance, ultra trail and ultra marathon competitions or demanding training sessions. An extremely protective and shock absorbing boot.